Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Abby and Emily are 1 Month old!

It's hard to believe the girls have been around for one full month already. At their most recent appointment with their doctor they were both doing well, and Emily finally stepped up her game and started gaining weight. She gained 9 ounces last week and now weighs 4lbs, 10 ounces - that's 22% more than her birth weight! We thought Abby was getting a little heavy and looking a bit chubby and sure enough she has been bulking up quite a bit - she now weighs 5lbs, 4 oz...that's 31% more than her birth weight! The doctor said that the girls are doing very well overall. She noticed that they were finding their pacifiers on their own, putting them in their mouths and holding them in and said that was very advanced for their age.

IMG_3615

I guess I forgot to post pictures from their first baths. The girls really enjoy the water, which is a good thing because they are going to have to spend a good portion of their lives on vacation in the Caribbean with us.

Abby loves baths
IMG_3572

Emily tries to drink the bath water


MVI_3624.AVI

Abby loves to snuggle when she dries off
IMG_3576

Emily is still trying to suck as much bath water off her body as possible
IMG_3583


On Sunday I decided that the girls were going to have to put themselves together a little better for church and wear something other than pajamas. Their outfits looked so cute, but their little legs are just not big enough to hold socks on yet so I think they'll be wearing pajamas for a bit longer.

Emily ready to go to church
IMG_3626

I tried to get them to snuggle and look like they like each other for the camera but they weren't really interested in helping me out.

IMG_3627

Every afternoon one of the girls comes into bed with me and takes her nap there. Before bed time we read Bible stories. They seem to be happy sitting there and letting me read to them.

Emily loves reading
IMG_3634

Today we went to visit Byron at work. This was their first trip out of Massachusetts. They were very happy to get away from the liberals of MA for a little while :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, so fun! I am so glad that we will get to watch your dear 'lil twins grow through this blog! Incidentally, I was born lighter than my twin, but at one of our months' (maybe it was like 6 mos.) appointments I had surpassed her! I think Emily will do the same, maybe:-)

Deb said...

I'm so glad that Emily and Abby are doing so well, Taryn! Good job! They look great, see you soon! Aunt Deb