We also made our first trip to church with the girls. They were very well behaved and didn't cry at all during the entire service!
Lately they've gotten themselves on the exact same eating schedule which sounds like a good idea until you've been up with both of them in the middle of the night when they're screaming for food and you don't have enough arms and hands to feed two babies at once.
Here they are waiting for diaper changes at 2am
I did finally find a solution that they seem to be OK with - they sit in their car seats and I feed them there.
This morning we went for a checkup at the doctor. Dr. Garnett confirmed that they are fraternal twins (not identical). Emily had a little trouble gaining weight this week, putting on only 1 ounce and is now 4lbs, 1 oz. Hopefully she'll gorge on Thanksgiving and have a big weigh in next Tuesday. Abby on the other hand has been packing on the weight, adding 6 ounces this past week and is now up to 4lbs, 10 ounces. Abby has been having some stomach problems and has been spitting up after every meal. To help her keep the food down the doctor told us to add 1 teaspoon of rice cereal in her bottles.
That's it for today. Maybe we'll have some more fun pictures with the next update.

3 comments:
Wow! You all are INCREDIBLY ambitious! Not that I'm surprised with you Taryn! Are you breastfeeding at all? I know it's been going well with my twin and her twins. If you are, I can give you some suggestions to help with 2! And sounds like you did great through the night! Oh, and, don't trust them being fraternal unless it was the DNA test! I went my whole life until earlier this year being told I was fraternal, but found out I was actually identical...sorry, I'm just protective of these little twin girls you have.
I'm pumping and giving it to them in a bottle. I'm going back to work in January, I figured I'd start them now with the bottles.
They have different blood types, so the DNA test wasn't necessary.
I think you should have made Byron dress up as a banana for the costume party. Your girls are just SO cute!!
Post a Comment