Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The girls' doctor decided that Emily hadn't gained enough weight over the last few days so he changed the new coming home date to Friday. On Friday Abby will definitely be coming home and Emily will come home as long as she continues to gain weight. If she doesn't gain over the next day or so, they'll bump her discharge back until the weekend.


Today Abby took her carseat test and Emily was supposed to take it after I left tonight. During the test the baby sits in her carseat and is hooked up to monitors to confirm that she is able to safely breathe in the seat for one hour. Abby passed without any problems. Emily shouldn't have any problems either, but I'll know for sure in the morning. Below is a picture of Abby during the test.

IMG_0130

Emily had her evaluation with the developmental pediatrician today to assess her hearing, sight and strength. They test her ability to follow an image that is passed in front of her eyes as well as her ability to hear a voice and look toward it. The doctor said she has absolutely no developmental problems and is pretty much up to speed with a full term newborn! She also learned how to suck her thumb today and seemed to be quite happy with it. I forgot my regular camera at the hospital tonight, so pictures from my phone will have to do.

IMG_0132

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We will be praying that Emily gains enough weight to come home...We're praying for you two parents too! Praise the Lord for all of the great reports about their development:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh My gosh...that baby is just brilliant!!!! She has exceptional genes...I am guessing that it probably came from her Maternal Grandmother who was also an avid newborn thumb sucker. Just Amazing!

Cristina said...

You guys! I was just realizing I hadn't checked the baby blog in two weeks - what a 2 weeks to miss! I am so happy for you and Byron - those are some beautiful babies. I literally choked up at pic of Byron with the girls on his chest. CONGRATULATIONS!