Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The past week has been a little rough for us. The girls are still learning new things all the time, but they have been fussy and sick and now Byron and I are also sick. I'm all congested and I'm sure nobody at work wants me here, but given that I was out of work from September to January I'm trying to just get through this cold without missing any more work. Poor Abby has been up in the middle of the night a few times lately because she's so congested. Once she wakes herself up coughing she realizes that she can probably get a bottle and then starts crying. Because they are normally such good sleepers I feel badly trying to make her cry it out. I figure that if she's awake she's probably uncomfortable (and I'm a sucker). So I get up and give her a bottle. Byron has also gotten up a couple times lately. I'm definitely spoiled with sleep now - it used to be so easy to get up in the night, but now that I'm not used to it it's REALLY hard.

Emily has two teeth now. They are both on the bottom, the two front bottom teeth. It's so funny to see them coming in. I'm pretty sure Abby should have some popping out any time now.

This week I realized that I don't have much to talk about that doesn't involve babies anymore. Maybe someday I'll have something to talk about other than how much Emily poops in a day, which brand of diapers are the best or how I found an awesome deal on baby clothes :) Until then, here are some pictures.

The girls love swimming lessons:
From Update


Abby warming up after swimming
From Update


Emily loves her feet:
From Update



Abby's first time playing in the grass
From Update


She was so relaxed
From Update


Abby likes staring contests:
From Update


Staring contest with dad:
From Update


Emily wasn't so sure about puffs:
From Update


She found the camera
From Update


Emily sits like a big girl now:
From Update

4 comments:

Kim said...

I disagree, Taryn, I think you are still lots of fun, and always love reading the blog updates! Hang in there, hope you guys all feel better, let me know if you need anything! :)

Kevin said...

The side picture of Abby in the grass is my favorite picture so far. The composition ... the look of contentment on her face. Excellent.

Unknown said...

I only talk about JJ (usually) and he's just one! Esp. with twins it is your life, or at least the best part:)

I too love the one of Abby in the grass. My friend Julie talks about "I heart faces" website with photo contests and I think you should enter that one!

maggiesmama said...

Taryn, we've all been sick too and I have been getting up to feed the boys, I figure when I am sick I can get up and get a drink so there you go. They are starting to sleep thru again this week.

Hope you guys are on the mend.

The girls are gorgeous.