Saturday, February 7, 2009

I haven't been very good about updating the blog lately because we've been so busy since I've been back to work. The girls have learned so many new things and have gotten so big since I last posted. Abby is now a little over 10lbs and Emily is now a little over 9lbs! They recently went through a growth spurt and since then have decided that they no longer like to sleep through the night :( They sleep from about 9pm - 3:30am and then I feed them and they sleep again until about 6:30. It could be worse, but I do miss the month of them sleeping through the night. Hopefully they'll start back up again soon. I keep telling them that I'm tired but they don't seem to have any compassion.

The newest skills that the girls have include copying us when we wave at them and laughing!

We had a few developmental specialists come meet with the girls to see if they were lagging in any areas (this is standard when a baby is born very prematurely). Both Abby and Emily were evaluated and it was determined that they were pretty much right on track with full term 3 month olds even though they should only be about 1.5 months right now!

Today we had a big day - the girls went to get their ears pierced! There are pictures at the end of the post.

The girls talk to each other in their bumbo chairs:
IMG_3995


IMG_4021

Emily hides behind her hood:
IMG_4028

Abby snuggles her puppy:
IMG_4049

Abby Smiles:
IMG_4053

Emily snuggles her puppy:
IMG_4058

The girls like to snuggle:

IMG_4064

Emily sprawled out in front of the fire:
IMG_4066

Abby in front of the fire:
IMG_4067

The girls are tired from all the fun they have with grandma (Taryn's mom) all day:
IMG_4070

Abby balancing a spoon on her nose:
IMG_4073

Emily with a spoon on her nose:
IMG_4076

Emily with Grandma's glasses:
IMG_4078

Abby with grandma's glasses:
IMG_4079

IMG_4091

Abby sleeps by the fire:
IMG_4100

Abby waiting to get her ears pierced:
IMG_4110

Emily waits to get her ears pierced:
IMG_4112

Emily's pierced ears:
IMG_4117

Abby's pierced ears:
IMG_4119

No comments: